Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Dede Keith, where are you?

Well, Ms. Keith, I received your emailed letter dated December 17, 2007, stating that Gib Walton would take a look into my case. (Yeah, right). I never heard from you again and, needless to say, I never heard from Gib Walton. (Surprise, surprise). I did email you back, but you didn't respond to my email.
So, how much longer will it take for the Texas government to do the right thing and dispense justice? If the State Bar of Texas is corrupt and refuse to uphold Texas law and discipline attorneys who commit state-jail felonies, then the Texas government must intercede. There cannot be two different standards when applying the law. When an attorney defrauds her client and commits fraud, then that attorney must be disciplined in accordance to the law. To claim that an attorney who defrauded her client DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG is a fallacy and goes against the Texas Rules of Disciplinary Procedures. Any attorney who defrauds her client is committing Professional Malpractice, and that includes the attorney who defrauded me. Her name is Ilene Smoger of Smoger and Associates. The State Bar of Texas refused to discipline her even though she should have been disbarred in accordance to the law. She is still practicing law with a clean record in Dallas. Her law firm also have offices in Oakland, California.
Ms. Keith, I'm also curious about the reason why Senator Florence Shapiro refused to uphold the law after I contacted her. Through her aides, she said she would not do anything and that I deserve what happened to me because I went to the hearing without an attorney. I failed to see the reasoning behind her actions. I deserve not to have justice done because I went to the hearing without an attorney??? First of all: my then attorney Brian Stone said I should go to the hearing by myself. I followed the advice of my attorney. Second: I didn't know at the time, but Mr. Stone was friends with a lawyer working for Ms. Smoger, and all he did after taking my case was trying to destroy as much as possible to benefit Ms. Smoger and her chiropractor friends/partners in crime. Third: Ilene Smoger defrauded me. Period. The evidence is very clear, and it always was. Whether I went to the hearing with or without an attorney is irrelevant. The hearing was to determine whether Ilene Smoger defrauded me or not, not whether I went by myself or with an attorney. The investigative panel stated that Ms. Smoger stole my money. Those are the three relevant issues. Ms. Keith, I'm very curious as the reason why Senator Florence Shapiro is protecting shyster Ilene Smoger.
There is no justice in Texas. The State Bar of Texas and the Texas government make a mockery of justice. As long as the State Bar of Texas refuses to discipline attorneys who commit state-jail felonies and deserve to be disbarred, and as long as the Texas government refuses to uphold Texas law and protects those same shysters, nobody in Texas is safe. How can a regular person in Texas choose an attorney with any confidence, if the State Bar of Texas refuses to discipline shysters? If any shyster can practice law in Texas with a clean record, then what is the point in having a clean record? It means nothing to the general public.
If Mr. McCain wants to have a fighting chance of getting elected, he must distance himself from all the corrupt Texas politicians. Which means, he must distance himself from everybody in the Texas government. Mr. Obama advocates change, Mr. McCain has a reputation for honesty. Well, let's see who is willing and able to help a regular person obtain the long-denied justice she seeks.
In the meantime, Ilene Joy Smoger continues practicing law in Texas with a clean record when in fact she should have been disbarred. Who knows how many more shysters like her are in the same situation, practicing law in Texas with a clean record ready to defraud their unsuspecting clients.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home